YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

gay movies

+25
Erie
Geek_at_Large
AlexandraAnn
Foof
Skellig
Ami
copernicus
HelsBels
Joey5900
Kyon
rainlover
Jusenkyo no Pikachu
Widdershins
Aerai
billy
Sara
Edvard Munch
Nicole
newslang06
freakingdork
Dinru
Futch
Somnimiles
Everest
RainbowSprinkles
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26gay movies - Page 2 Empty Re: gay movies Thu May 07, 2009 11:11 am

Aerai

Whaaat.

How has nobody mentioned D.E.B.S. yet? Made by and for gays, with love. Smile

Personally, I find it to be an AMAZING movie as long as you're able to understand that it's meant to be 1 part gay movie, 1 part spy-movie parody/satire. It's MEANT to be hokey, and if you can get past that, it's hilarious. I can easily say that it's my favorite movie of all time.

Plus, uh, come on. Who would say no to Jordana Brewster and Sara Foster making out?
Not me, that's for damn sure. >_>

EDIT: It has come to my attention that I am blind and that it has in fact been mentioned. I fail. Sad

27gay movies - Page 2 Empty Re: gay movies Thu May 07, 2009 7:41 pm

RainbowSprinkles

RainbowSprinkles

OMG D.E.B.S is epic! m best friend is OBSESSED with it and makes everyone watch it.

28gay movies - Page 2 Empty Re: gay movies Thu May 07, 2009 8:56 pm

Aerai

Yeaah, I kind of have a problem with it myself. I can practically recite the first half of the movie by heart, and have begun to notice the tiniest little itty bitty details, or film-analysis type stuff... and I never notice stuff like that. XD

29gay movies - Page 2 Empty Re: gay movies Thu May 07, 2009 11:11 pm

Everest

And with all this praise, I'm kind of embarrassed I've never even HEARD of D.E.B.S. before. I guess I'm obligated to watch it now!

30gay movies - Page 2 Empty Re: gay movies Fri May 08, 2009 2:11 am

Aerai

Haha I wouldn't feel bad about it. As far as I'm aware, it's kind of obscure, even as far as gay movies go.

In a way, it was my personal coming-out movie.. I saw it at the rental store and thought it was a completely different movie than it actually was. Quite the shocker, I'll tell you, but it opened up a whole new world. I wouldn't have heard of it without that happy little mistake, lol. Smile

31gay movies - Page 2 Empty Re: gay movies Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:37 am

Sara

Sara

homan. so i just watched chutney popcorn,
i was not expecting that at all!
that movie is hilarious towards the end and is very sweet.

edit: and tonight was fire.
i wont spoil it, but if you pay attention, the ending is very clever

http://tiny-ruffian.deviantart.com/

32gay movies - Page 2 Empty Re: gay movies Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:29 am

Widdershins

Touch of Pink is absolutely amazing, glad you already know that one.

I'm also happy to see someone mentioned Chutney Popcorn and The Incredibly True Adventure of Two Girls in Love, because those are both really good as well.

Mysterious Skin has a lot of disturbing themes, but it's a wonderful movie. I love it.

oooh, how about Rocky Horror? That's a classic.

A Home at the End of the World
Brokeback Mountain

And I cannot think of any others right now.

33gay movies - Page 2 Empty Re: gay movies Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:00 am

Jusenkyo no Pikachu

Widdershins wrote:I'm also happy to see someone mentioned Chutney Popcorn and The Incredibly True Adventure of Two Girls in Love, because those are both really good as well.

oooh, how about Rocky Horror? That's a classic.

I wouldn't really recommend The Incredibly True Adventure of 2 Girls In Love, even if it does have Laurel Holloman.

And I wouldn't really call Rocky Horror a gay movie. It's just too...weird.

However, I'm surprised to not have read any mentions of Goldfish Memory. I loved that movie.

Oh, and Bound is a good movie too. But I may only be calling it a queer movie because I don't know s**t....

34gay movies - Page 2 Empty Re: gay movies Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:33 am

Sara

Sara

2 girls in love was a little flat, but cute.
im watching bound as we speak!
i never realized how hot tilly is gay movies - Page 2 Icon_smile
by the way, this list is awsome XD
the truth about jane was pretty decent, but i think im biased cause i looooove ellen muth

http://tiny-ruffian.deviantart.com/

35gay movies - Page 2 Empty Re: gay movies Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:09 am

rainlover

rainlover

I really liked Imagine You and Me. As far as I could tell, only one other person mentioned it, but they didn't seem to gung ho Razz so I figured I would put my two cents in and say it really was good. Kind of funny, really cute...

Also, how many of these movies do you think would be at a normal Blockbuster? Because that is pretty much my only access to new movies.

36gay movies - Page 2 Empty Re: gay movies Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:30 pm

freakingdork

freakingdork

Awww...Imagine You and Me is cute, but there was something off about it for me. But it has Piper Perabo! So yeah.

As far as Blockbuster goes.....I think it'll really depend on the politics of your town/the owner. I think most would have Chasing Amy (if only b/c it is a Kevin Smith movie), Rocky Horror, Brokeback Mountain, Rent, Lost and Delirious, Go Fish, and maybe Better than Chocolate. Well, those are all kinda maybe's, I think. You could always try your local library too? Especially if you go online and put them on hold - most libraries have at least one copy of the popular ones that is probably never sitting on the shelves because everyone's asked to be on the hold list. There are some lesbian movies I'd never heard of at my library. Go figure.

37gay movies - Page 2 Empty Re: gay movies Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:52 pm

rainlover

rainlover

Out of curiosity, do you know what was off? I like Piper Perabo too.

I've seen Rocky Horror, Brokeback Mountain, and Rent, but the town my college is located in is kind of small and probably wouldn't be too accomidating to gay movies. Sad The Blockbuster is where I found Imagine Me and You, though, so I might check there again.

38gay movies - Page 2 Empty Re: gay movies Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:07 pm

Kyon

Kyon

Did someone watch and like "Milk" ?

When I read first about the pitch, I got really curious about watching this movie, because of Sean Penn's performance and because of the "story of the first openly gay U.S. politician". Since I'm European, I don't know much about the history of GLBT activism in the United States and I felt it was worth watching it.

And yes, it was. Not knowing the end of the story at all, I was truly shocked at the climax.

I think it was a very good movie, essentially because it did not try to depict Harvey Milk as a Saint, but as a man in his strengths and weaknesses.

*anyway, noting "Chasing Amy" in my to-watch list*

http://www.megatokyo.fr

39gay movies - Page 2 Empty Re: gay movies Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:36 pm

Joey5900

Joey5900

Itty Bitty Titty Committee!!

Though the gayness takes a bit of a backseat to the feminism. Also, there is one particular scene that left me nearly melting out of my chair, and there was nothing even remotely sexual on screen.

Forgive me if this was mentioned, but I didn't see it.

40gay movies - Page 2 Empty Re: gay movies Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:56 am

freakingdork

freakingdork

rainlover wrote:Out of curiosity, do you know what was off? I like Piper Perabo too.

I've seen Rocky Horror, Brokeback Mountain, and Rent, but the town my college is located in is kind of small and probably wouldn't be too accomidating to gay movies. Sad The Blockbuster is where I found Imagine Me and You, though, so I might check there again.

I don't remember. It was like...3 years ago that I saw it.

You could always try netflicks (or however you spell that) too.

41gay movies - Page 2 Empty Re: gay movies Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:46 am

HelsBels

HelsBels

I've seen Brokeback Mountain, Rocky Horror Show and Imagine Me and You. I enjoyed Brokeback mountain but ended up sniggering through most of it (mainly due to a conversation I was having with someone at the time) even though it isn't supposed to be that funny. I liked Imagine Me and You, although I also found it a bit off, but thats partly because it is really a chick flick and apart from Bridget Jones I don't tend to like chick flicks. Unfortunately I was a bit too young when I watched Rocky Horror, so didn't enjoy it half as much as I would now.

42gay movies - Page 2 Empty Re: gay movies Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:02 am

rainlover

rainlover

I saw Brokeback Mountain the same way. A couple of friends and I watched it and we ended up not really watching it. But the end still made me sad. I liked Imagine Me and You partially because it was set up like a normal chick flick and they didn't make a huge deal that instead of being boy meets girl, it is girl meets girl.

43gay movies - Page 2 Empty Re: gay movies Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:38 pm

copernicus

copernicus

I really liked ibtc, but I was really close to hating Anna and the blonde girl(I don't remember her name). I dunno why, they were just reeeeeally annoying. Daniela Sea and JD Samson are super awesome so that made me feel better about it. Very Happy I thought Gray Matters was a kind of a cute movie, but I still don't really know how to feel about it. I love the movie Loving Annabell, but its the first actual gay movie I ever saw so that probably explains that.

44gay movies - Page 2 Empty Re: gay movies Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:15 pm

Ami

Bird cage is a classis and I know this isnt a gay movie, but I love "Too wong foo, thanks for everything julie newmar". Theres just something with patrick swayze and Wesley snipes as girls...That makes me love it.

Ohyeah I remember brokeback mountain. I was watching it with my dad and at the beginning of the movie we got very distracted and starteed making som popcorn etc. Then we come back and about one minut later theyre having violent sex in the tent. We went into a deep awkward silence. We couldve handled it if we hadnt gotten distracted, but going from "Ey were going to work together I see" directly to the tent action...It was abit of a schock.

45gay movies - Page 2 Empty Re: gay movies Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:23 pm

Skellig

Skellig

Not a movie but subtitled and NOT dubbed Sailor Moon is a must!

46gay movies - Page 2 Empty Re: gay movies Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:26 pm

freakingdork

freakingdork

Skellig wrote:Not a movie but subtitled and NOT dubbed Sailor Moon is a must!

Gah! You remind me I need to finish watching Stars.

47gay movies - Page 2 Empty Re: gay movies Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:40 am

Foof

Foof

Well...I don't know very many gay movies, mostly ones with drag queens in them. (Still yummy.) "Kinky Boots"..."To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar" <- It has Patrick Swayze in a dress!
But onto the lurvesbian movies!
There was this cute one I saw about a lesbian called Gray Matters. It's about a girl who realizes she's gay when she kisses her brother's wife. It's got more to it than that, so I didn't just spoil the whole movie there! (It happens in the beginning Mad)

http://www.onyourfeet.smackjeeves.com

48gay movies - Page 2 Empty Re: gay movies Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:38 am

AlexandraAnn

AlexandraAnn

Easily one of my favorites is Saving Face! It's mostly English but it does have parts where it's all subtitles. None the less it's a very good, cute, and understandable movie.

I also agree with the Itty Bitty Titty Committee bit. I adore that movie. <3

49gay movies - Page 2 Empty Re: gay movies Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:23 am

HelsBels

HelsBels

Although it's not a film, I'd reccommend going to see Avenue Q. I recently saw it and came out with a very sore diaphragm from laughing. Slight warning: if you are easily offended don't bother with it as most of the humour can be taken the wrong way and it stereotypes hugely (stereotyping is pretty much the point of it though, so it's not stereotype stereotyping, but actually quite clever, does that make sense?)

50gay movies - Page 2 Empty Re: gay movies Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:55 am

rainlover

rainlover

It pokes fun at stereotypes, which are usually excuses to be intolerant. But very fun, and the songs and puppets are cute. :p

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum