YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION

+97
texasshiva
naota
Lalia
thejennamonster
ybtolerant
TheNozomi
Wisdom Thumbs
Faenir
Xshu
adam
lasteffect
SchizoAuthoress
Becki719
Zx2_152
Smurgleburf
cmacmac
maquette
daneyb
RD
Pinkachu
The.Nozomi
Seria
Joamette
teambates
teldar
Somnimiles
canyoudigit
after all
dolorien
Mask
gravimetric
SerenityMoonstone
pchmir
Skeiphes
RebaChu
pokeureye
black_rose_writer
siriusly
Teya
carafemme
yumiko27
KitWatson
Andrea_44
Kaleidoscopic
Jim North
edispee
la_chinchilla
vgaer
kowaiusagi
Ariadne3
Name?
Mercury
Dinru
meeples
sticarus
Madi
Katisanse
greenglowinggoo
Rue
ohno
Louisa
Siubh
SuzanneM
Limey
Kasbunny
Uis Elveti
Kitt
Little Sunflower
Baku
Sporadic
hmnbyr
Roses Ablaze
purplefreak
JuJuBee
mishykinz
TheResult
Ana
grim
Kugai
Emeryth
Lady Fury
wrdonerd
darkrose072687
Eldan
Megan Rose
Michael
sheisakeeper
Pahana
Dgcakes
YazzyDream
NCallahan
Megabyte
freakingdork
carl-E
smallandmighty
cherrybomb
maymay
101 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Go down  Message [Page 25 of 28]

601CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 25 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:12 am

after all

after all

Huh. I saw this happening but I don't know if I wanted Lia to suggest it. It's not making me like her any more if she's willing to destroy an autonomous person so she can pee freely again. :/ Even if her conscience is okay with it, it's still... ugh. I AM TRYING TO LIKE LIA AGAIN. I AM TRYING REALLY HARD. It just doesn't seem to be happening, though. D:

I may be totally missing the point about the consciences, though.

602CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 25 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:54 am

Kugai

Kugai

It should be interesting to see if Don can do it, and what will happen once (and if) he can.

And what would this mean not just for her and her conscience - What about Fi and Mary; what about everyone else?

http://kugaiavows.multiply.com/

603CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 25 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:18 am

Miki

Miki

I like how you included the bathroom thing, since it was raised in the forums earlier. I don't know if you did that purposely, or if you already had it thought of, but well done. I giggled.

604CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 25 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:08 am

carl-E

carl-E

I hope Don finds something, too. I have trouble believing that handcuffing them together is the best solution Fiona could come up with. I mean, I know she's really busy now, ruling Nod and all, but come on...

605CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 25 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:05 am

ILikeCrows

after all wrote:It's not making me like her any more if she's willing to destroy an autonomous person so she can pee freely again. :/

Uh, that was her Conscience talking about peeing and only being able to use one hand... Lia seems more focused on not being separated from her again.

carl-E, after reading today's comic I can't help but think that it was Lia who asked to be handcuffed. I know her dark eyes are most likely to show how guilty she's feeling over everything that's happened, but it might also be because she's so paranoid about loosing Conscience again that she can't relax.

606CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 25 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:55 am

after all

after all

ILikeCrows wrote:
after all wrote:It's not making me like her any more if she's willing to destroy an autonomous person so she can pee freely again. :/

Uh, that was her Conscience talking about peeing and only being able to use one hand... Lia seems more focused on not being separated from her again.

Ah, sorry about that! I should have read the comic more carefully.

The point I'm trying to make is, Lia DOES have good intentions. She doesn't want to be Mara again. She knows she's dangerous. That's GOOD. It just feels like, if the necessary thing to do for no more Mara is to make Lia's conscience not be a person again... maybe it shouldn't be Lia herself completely making that call.

idk I guess I just feel that with Fiona, the other characters didn't always agree with her decisions or support what she was doing or even really like her. And those other characters could still be likable or sympathetic. And that's super awesome writing skills. But with Lia, pretty much everyone sympathetic thinks that she's the bees knees, and when she does stuff that other characters prolly wouldn't like, sometimes their reactions to her seem a little too positive given their previous characterization. She also never really seems to encounter anyone who disagrees with her while still being good. And for a lot of people, that makes her more likable, but for me... I just feel like I'm being pushed really hard to LIKE THIS GIRL without being given any reason to, and my inner 15 year old emo boy wants to rebell against that shit.

607CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 25 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:10 pm

Dinru

Dinru

after all wrote:
ILikeCrows wrote:

The point I'm trying to make is, Lia DOES have good intentions. She doesn't want to be Mara again. She knows she's dangerous. That's GOOD. It just feels like, if the necessary thing to do for no more Mara is to make Lia's conscience not be a person again... maybe it shouldn't be Lia herself completely making that call.

idk I guess I just feel that with Fiona, the other characters didn't always agree with her decisions or support what she was doing or even really like her. And those other characters could still be likable or sympathetic. And that's super awesome writing skills. But with Lia, pretty much everyone sympathetic thinks that she's the bees knees, and when she does stuff that other characters prolly wouldn't like, sometimes their reactions to her seem a little too positive given their previous characterization. She also never really seems to encounter anyone who disagrees with her while still being good. And for a lot of people, that makes her more likable, but for me... I just feel like I'm being pushed really hard to LIKE THIS GIRL without being given any reason to, and my inner 15 year old emo boy wants to rebell against that shit.

The other characters, from my interpretation of all of this, understand that Lia was pretty much insane when she was the Mara. She can't really be held responsible because she had very little control of herself, what with the one thing that tells her "Murdering is bad, Lia!" is pretty much AWOL. If you were in immense pain, had infinite power, didn't completely understand that everything around you really really was real, and the one thing that would tell you that all this is wrong is being held prisoner, wouldn't YOU go on a murder-spree?

And then the second go-around as Mara was fueled by anger towards Sadako for a different reason - the anger of getting her conscience taken away again, ironically, was enough to trigger Mara's return. At least, that's how I saw it. And then, in her mentally-impaired state, she decided she didn't want her conscience back. Now, as Lia again, she has to live with the guilt and blood on her hands of all of the people she's hurt.

Wouldn't YOU be just a teensy bit sympathetic towards someone like that? Especially if your best friend happened to be in love with her?

608CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 25 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:46 pm

after all

after all

Dinru wrote:
after all wrote:
ILikeCrows wrote:

The other characters, from my interpretation of all of this, understand that Lia was pretty much insane when she was the Mara. She can't really be held responsible because she had very little control of herself, what with the one thing that tells her "Murdering is bad, Lia!" is pretty much AWOL. If you were in immense pain, had infinite power, didn't completely understand that everything around you really really was real, and the one thing that would tell you that all this is wrong is being held prisoner, wouldn't YOU go on a murder-spree?

And then the second go-around as Mara was fueled by anger towards Sadako for a different reason - the anger of getting her conscience taken away again, ironically, was enough to trigger Mara's return. At least, that's how I saw it. And then, in her mentally-impaired state, she decided she didn't want her conscience back. Now, as Lia again, she has to live with the guilt and blood on her hands of all of the people she's hurt.

Wouldn't YOU be just a teensy bit sympathetic towards someone like that? Especially if your best friend happened to be in love with her?

Honestly, if I lost my conscience I'd do some pretty fucked up shit too. Not necessarily the SAME kind of fucked up shit as Lia did, but still, some pretty fucked up shit none the less.

But nobody thinks that perhaps if Lia knew she was a trap set by Sadako, she should have warned Fiona about it sometime BEFORE the harpies came. Or that with her knowledge of the situation, she could have done better than to just hide away and let everything happen just how Sadako wanted. Or that another character has the right not to care about Lia anymore- Fiona briefly decides she's done with Lia, but Mary pretty much doesn't allow her to feel that way, and before you know it, Fiona believes she has to love Lia forever again.

It's not that Lia isn't a good person or that other people shouldn't like her, it just feels like in this story they kind of have to, and that good people can't be in opposition to Lia for long. You don't see Lia's conscience deciding she wants to stay her own person instead of being put back in. You don't see Fiona questionining the relationship except when she's just angry and obviously wrong.

Comparing Lia's ability to become Mara to a mental illness actually illustrates the way I feel about it. I've struggled with bad depression and anxiety when I was in my high school years, and there have been people who've been good but didn't really get that I could not just magically start feeling awesome and productive again, or who've been good but didn't want to deal with me being upset or scared all the time. So like, idk. Being Mara isn't Lia's fault, but I'm not sure it's realistic that everybody would be treating her like none of it happened.

609CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 25 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:28 am

Miki

Miki

Honestly, from what I gather, I think Lia's conscious is in agreement with being put back. She's not avidly disagreeing, now is she? Plus the, "It's awkward to pee." comment could be taken as her saying that it'd be a lot better to just be put back, since their new way of life is simply unfair for the both of them. Lia's conscious wouldn't be gone anyhow, she'd still be her own person, just not visible all the time. Besides, the both of them would finally be free of any worry or fear of what could happen if they're separated again.

Anyhow, Lia was human, correct? So her conscious was originally inside of her in the human world, correct? And I doubt her conscious is going to mind that much. Hell, Don and them all have their conscious inside of them and we're not crying over the potential loss of character's who're unfairly placed inside of a person. Don even said, without your conscious inside you, you don't feel whole. So who's to say Lia and her conscious don't feel somewhat empty the way they are? Maybe it's painful for them both not being one.

Also, since she's like... a dream world inhabitant now anyways, wouldn't it make sense for them to become whole again? Maybe that's why Lia goes psychotic so quickly. She was human, crossed over, had her conscious ripped out of her as a persona, became a dream world inhabitant, thus becoming more unstable without her conscious than she would have originally. It also probably makes her cross over as the Mara quicker, almost instantaneous. I'm wondering now if Don might go insanely psychotic in a short period of time if his conscious was ripped out of him.

See, Fiona was separated from Mary often, for long periods of time and she was changing gradually. I think this is because Fiona was/is still human at this time. She wasn't dead yet obviously (And we still don't know if she really is. Don mentions Fiona went back at the beginning of some odd chapter somewhere. Maybe that's a hint of her returning to the human world and giving up her title? Honestly, I think she passed her title over to Don.) so she was still just a human in the dream world. Whereas Lia (If I gather this correctly.) died and became a soul trapped in the dream world, thus becoming a native so to speak.

Sadako on the other hand, had died but sequentially became the ruler of Nod seconds later. Her power made it so she could banish her conscious and not be effected by it so powerfully. However, when her conscious was returned, she was hysterical, crying, apologizing, yelling at her conscious all at the same time. So her power most likely prevented her from descending into madness, but still, the effect of not having her conscious was there and caught up to her all at once and she broke down, even though she was now not only a dream world inhabitant, but the ruler of Nod altogether. That alone should prove Lia is not automatically a psychopath with crazy ass thoughts of killing flowing throughout her mind. She's not the only one capable of it, she's just the only one who's ever been subjected to such a form of torture; more than once even.

Also, why is no one beating up on Lucy? She has her conscious within her and she still betrayed Fiona! Sure, she felt guilty in doing so, but she still did it to save her own skin. She willingly betrayed her friends for her own selfish reasons. So she was sorry for it, so what? You assume Lia isn't sorry too? At least (In Mary's own words here.) she had a legitimate reason. That girl be missin' her conscious yo! She don't know what she be doin' right now! (Crappy ghetto voice end.)

Holy crap, long ranty message is long and ranty.

610CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 25 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:24 am

after all

after all

That's not a long rant, you should see some of my rambles XD

Whether or not a character does bad things has nothing to do with whether I like them or not. I actually like Lucy quite a bit. If you view Lia and Mara as separate characters, I kind of like Mara. Hell, my favorite character in the comic is Sadako, and you know what a brilliant track record she's got with morality. [/sarcasm] The girl's pure as the driven snow. XD

But when Lucy and Sadako did bad things, the story recognized them as bad things, and so did the other characters. Lia, on the other hand, seems to be written as if she can do no wrong-- even when her actual actions (in my eyes) can be kind of crappy. I might be wrong about some of them, but it doesn't really matter. I don't like characters that are written as if they can do no wrong. They're not appealing to me. I like people who fuck up and try to do better, or even people who are driven to an unhappy end by their flaws.

It's really all just a matter of personal preference. I wasn't asking you all to dislike her too, I was just rambling my thoughts about the new page. Sorry if I upset the Lia fans hereabouts?

611CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 25 Empty Did Fiona's family pull the plug? Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:26 pm

sapphiclight

sapphiclight

In Issue 9 Fiona "wakes up" in the hospital in her own world. She returns to Nod distant and upset because at the time the doctors had told Elizabeth, her step-mother, that "sometimes coma patients... RELAPSE. Fall asleep and never wake up again." Fiona also mentions, "They talked about... pulling the plug."

So did they? Is she now "dead" in the other world, where her physical/original body is? (Or was?)

It seemed to me that Fiona never intended to remain forever in Nod, or at least that she hadn't made that particular decision on her own just yet. But killing releasing Sadako and taking her place seems quite... permanent.

Then again, Part 2 of the story starts with Don remarking, "I really miss her. I suppose I can't blame her for leaving but..."

So does Don find a way for Fiona to return to her own world - still living? Do you think that finding a way for Lia to become one again with her conscience will coincide with finding a way for Fiona to return to her own world?

This is what I would like to see happen next in the epilogue. Fiona deserves to live and to date girls... her own age... in her own world.

http://www.marriedonmonday.com

612CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 25 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:19 am

after all

after all

I KNOW I'M POSTING HERE TOO MUCH but omg what the hell is happening

Are they going to be... stuck like this?

613CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 25 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:04 am

Kugai

Kugai

Hmmm

The results should prove interesting

And I wonder; is this what Fi and Mary do?

@ sapphiclight

Is that our favorite punchy CoD Barista there in your avatar? Very Happy

Last edited by Kugai on Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:07 am; edited 1 time in total

614CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 25 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:04 am

Miki

Miki

Holy crap what the hell? I need to know too, are they going to be stuck in deformed morphed Lia and Lia's Conscious? That's just... it frightened me.

... I'm glad they're at peace though? ._.?

615CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 25 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:50 am

Dinru

Dinru

If you look closely at today's page, they're slowly moving closer together - in the first panel, they've both got two eyes. By the third panel, their eyes have merged. I think they're probably going to come together as a 100% whole being. Although for all we know, it might not look *exactly* like the Lia/Lia's Conscience we once knew.

616CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 25 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:46 am

purplefreak

purplefreak

Holy crap! That is some scary shite right there! I was wondering the same 2 things, is that where the morphing is going to end? With half Lia half conscience thingy?
And also will Lia still look like Lia? Or will she look like a hybrid of the 2 ppl? confused

617CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 25 Empty Re: Kugai Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:19 pm

sapphiclight

sapphiclight

Kugai wrote:
@ sapphiclight

Is that our favorite punchy CoD Barista there in your avatar? Very Happy

Yes, that's Faye from Questionable Content, "working hard" at Coffee of Doom... cat

http://www.marriedonmonday.com

618CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 25 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:53 pm

carl-E

carl-E

Damn. That clip from Hedwig and the Angry Inch was just beautiful.

Now there's one more movie on my list to see!

Someday, I might actually make that list shorter instead of longer...

619CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 25 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:59 pm

purplefreak

purplefreak

carl-E wrote:

I feel you there! So many movies, so little time! Same with my book list argh!

620CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 25 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:44 am

darkrose072687

darkrose072687

purplefreak wrote:
carl-E wrote:

I feel you there! So many movies, so little time! Same with my book list argh!

I agree...dang it Megan....now that song is officially my favorite song of ALL TIME! <3 Its so beautiful it made me cry...and that's pretty rare...

http://www.myspace.com/angeltaylor87

621CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 25 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:39 pm

texasshiva

Thanks for referencing Hedwig. I love that movie, and that's my favorite song, too.

622CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 25 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:45 am

Louisa

Did anyone else notice how the eye painted on the wall at 3:50 in the Hedwig video looks surprisingly similar to the eye of Nod? A most bizarre coincidence...

623CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 25 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:32 pm

Somnimiles

Somnimiles

Louisa wrote:Did anyone else notice how the eye painted on the wall at 3:50 in the Hedwig video looks surprisingly similar to the eye of Nod? A most bizarre coincidence...

Coincidence.....or CONSPIRACY!

624CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 25 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:00 am

Kugai

Kugai

It would seem as if I have called it.

625CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 25 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:58 am

carl-E

carl-E

Fi seems extraordinarily reluctant. I'm wondering if she feels she'll be losing more than just a friend, if she's afraid to be losing her independence from Mary, as well.

I'm also really wondering what Lia/conscience (did her conscience have a name that we know of?) will look like when the merger is over...

And the last panel with the split Fi/Mary was really cool. Well done!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 25 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum