YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION

+97
texasshiva
naota
Lalia
thejennamonster
ybtolerant
TheNozomi
Wisdom Thumbs
Faenir
Xshu
adam
lasteffect
SchizoAuthoress
Becki719
Zx2_152
Smurgleburf
cmacmac
maquette
daneyb
RD
Pinkachu
The.Nozomi
Seria
Joamette
teambates
teldar
Somnimiles
canyoudigit
after all
dolorien
Mask
gravimetric
SerenityMoonstone
pchmir
Skeiphes
RebaChu
pokeureye
black_rose_writer
siriusly
Teya
carafemme
yumiko27
KitWatson
Andrea_44
Kaleidoscopic
Jim North
edispee
la_chinchilla
vgaer
kowaiusagi
Ariadne3
Name?
Mercury
Dinru
meeples
sticarus
Madi
Katisanse
greenglowinggoo
Rue
ohno
Louisa
Siubh
SuzanneM
Limey
Kasbunny
Uis Elveti
Kitt
Little Sunflower
Baku
Sporadic
hmnbyr
Roses Ablaze
purplefreak
JuJuBee
mishykinz
TheResult
Ana
grim
Kugai
Emeryth
Lady Fury
wrdonerd
darkrose072687
Eldan
Megan Rose
Michael
sheisakeeper
Pahana
Dgcakes
YazzyDream
NCallahan
Megabyte
freakingdork
carl-E
smallandmighty
cherrybomb
maymay
101 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 28  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 28]

126CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 6 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:55 am

carl-E

carl-E

purplefreak wrote:
Oh, and the fact that No-Face thought he was being chosen as a replacement shows that Nod dwellers can be ruler.

No, just shows that no-face doesn't know any better. Or thinks a little too highly of himself...

127CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 6 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:15 am

cherrybomb

cherrybomb

carl-E wrote:
purplefreak wrote:
Oh, and the fact that No-Face thought he was being chosen as a replacement shows that Nod dwellers can be ruler.

No, just shows that no-face doesn't know any better. Or thinks a little too highly of himself...

Or maybe he isn't originally from Nod...?? Haha just had to add that in there! Razz

128CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 6 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:53 am

Megabyte

I see an interesting pattern here. Even though Sadako is without her conscience, she can rule fairly, as stated before (so she can distinguish right from wrong to an extent) and she actually worries about Nod. She could just well get any vessel as a scapegoat and get killed. Similar to the king of Nod.

I wonder why is that?

129CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 6 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:14 am

Megabyte

There is another interesting thing I'd like to point out. I think Sadako's conscience was literally a weak conscience, regardless of how good-natured she is.

Why is that?

Lia's conscience got separated from her during around 900 years (dream world time) and didn't show signs of physical and / or mental weariness like Himitsu / Clandestine / ???? (insert real name here) did. Her face didn't change, nothing. And she was able to control psycho-Lia simply by touching her!

130CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 6 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:30 am

Siubh

I don't think Himitsu/Clandy was 'weak', per se. I think she was inclined to go too easy on Sadako.

131CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 6 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:37 am

Madi

Megabyte wrote:There is another interesting thing I'd like to point out. I think Sadako's conscience was literally a weak conscience, regardless of how good-natured she is.

Why is that?

Lia's conscience got separated from her during around 900 years (dream world time) and didn't show signs of physical and / or mental weariness like Himitsu / Clandestine / ???? (insert real name here) did. Her face didn't change, nothing. And she was able to control psycho-Lia simply by touching her!

Lia's conscience was taken from her forcibly, and was imprisoned in what was probably a pretty stable environment.

Sadako rejected her conscience and drove her away, and Clandy spent thousands of years of dream time wandering around, trying to keep people from fighting and failing.

I think the difference in circumstance might actually account for it...

132CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 6 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:15 pm

Ana

Easy difference:
Sadako willingly broke the bond with her conscience, rejecting her. Lia didn't. Probably the bond kept Lia's conscience sane, even if she was too far away to help.

The bonus comic helps a little on understanding that, and is why I also doubt there will be a similar kind of reuniting between Sadako and Clandy, simply because Clandy cannot do that after the bond has been broken.

133CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 6 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:06 pm

wrdonerd

so what happens to dreamers when No-Face eats their hearts? Do they die in their sleep or do they wake up as serial killers?

134CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 6 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:00 pm

Megabyte

Madi wrote:
Megabyte wrote:There is another interesting thing I'd like to point out. I think Sadako's conscience was literally a weak conscience, regardless of how good-natured she is.

Why is that?

Lia's conscience was taken from her forcibly, and was imprisoned in what was probably a pretty stable environment.

Sadako rejected her conscience and drove her away, and Clandy spent thousands of years of dream time wandering around, trying to keep people from fighting and failing.

I think the difference in circumstance might actually account for it...

Not thousands of years. I think around what, 1,000 or 2,000?
She was around 130 years away from Sadako (human time). What was the calculation for dream world time?

135CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 6 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:41 pm

Megan Rose

Megan Rose
Admin

wrdonerd wrote:so what happens to dreamers when No-Face eats their hearts? Do they die in their sleep or do they wake up as serial killers?

It's a bit like Prometheus. It'll grow back the next day so he can eat it again the next night.

Also, @Megabyte, every real world day is 14 Nod days

http://rosalarian.com

136CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 6 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:19 pm

Emeryth

I bet that is where No-Face has seen Fiona before (http://rosalarian.com/yume/?p=1015).

I bet he ate her heart when she was younger in one of her dreams.

137CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 6 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:21 am

purplefreak

purplefreak

Megan Rose wrote:

It's a bit like Prometheus. It'll grow back the next day so he can eat it again the next night.

That is the worst kind of reoccurring dream I can think of... pale

138CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 6 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:43 am

hmnbyr

I don't know if anybody else has or will catch this. Or maybe I'm wrong, but it seems from the new page that Sadako had no clue who Mara was. She just wanted Mara because of how strong her heart sounded. I don't think she knew it was Lia until the poor girl was cowering on the floor in front of her.

Which, according to my and a friend's logic, means that throwing her in the cell with her conscience was a fluke. If they had thrown her in one by herself, she'd have still been Mara, and would have fought Sadako. Probably becoming Queen herself.

Prometheus? Is that just in dreamers, or in all of the cases where he eats their hearts? Because as it seems to stand right now, the DWLF is dead, and Lucy was completely devastated. It would make sense though, if Nod dwellers could not regrow their hearts, since that is their home; and of course the dreamers can come back when their heart regrows.

139CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 6 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:54 am

Megabyte

Has anyone noticed that Lia looks much older in her "Mara" form (30+)?

140CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 6 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:01 am

Katisanse

cherrybomb wrote:
carl-E wrote:
purplefreak wrote:

Or maybe he isn't originally from Nod...?? Haha just had to add that in there! Razz

But Sadako doesn't seem to exclusively be searching for dreamers if her interest is piqued by the terrible Mara. after all, she doesn't know that Mara is Lia and therefore is a dreamer. So does that mean nod natives can rule nod?

141CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 6 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:03 am

YazzyDream

YazzyDream

Ha. That second panel I hear it as "Leave me aloooone." So Mara meeting her concience was just an accident/coincidence? Sadako seemed perked up that Lia might kill her now. But then that leaves the question why Sadako stopped Lia's concience from going with her in the first place.

http://yazzydream.deviantart.com

142CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 6 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:07 am

darkrose072687

darkrose072687

YazzyDream wrote: But then that leaves the question why Sadako stopped Lia's concience from going with her in the first place.

Personally, I think it was just to be cruel.

http://www.myspace.com/angeltaylor87

143CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 6 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:07 am

hmnbyr

YazzyDream wrote:Ha. That second panel I hear it as "Leave me aloooone." So Mara meeting her concience was just an accident/coincidence? Sadako seemed perked up that Lia might kill her now. But then that leaves the question why Sadako stopped Lia's concience from going with her in the first place.

I think she saw it as a chance to maybe get Lia to depend on her more, or come running back to her.

144CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 6 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:53 am

YazzyDream

YazzyDream

That's a rather direct answer/response. *smacks forehead*

I didn't even consider it. Haha, Megan's made me paranoid, I keep seeing darker motives and sub-motives. When it just very well may be that simple.

Or not...

http://yazzydream.deviantart.com

145CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 6 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:03 pm

Megabyte

YazzyDream wrote:Ha. That second panel I hear it as "Leave me aloooone." So Mara meeting her concience was just an accident/coincidence? Sadako seemed perked up that Lia might kill her now. But then that leaves the question why Sadako stopped Lia's concience from going with her in the first place.

Well, as we saw before, Lia being (forcibly) separated from her conscience would have an immediate effect on her, but it wouldn't turn her immediately into "The Terrible Mara". She would have to be cruel all over again.

146CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 6 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:54 am

Roses Ablaze

If Nod has a will of its own, is it good or evil? Or chaotic-neutral?

147CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 6 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:23 am

SuzanneM

Roses Ablaze wrote:If Nod has a will of its own, is it good or evil? Or chaotic-neutral?

Great question I'm leaning towards chaotic neutral or possibly choatic good. Or rather "Nod does what Nod determines good for itself; rather than doing things with the motivation of harming others." Needless to say- things would have been proabably a lot worse if Mara had been in charge. Sadako had gone beyond her stage of willful mindless cruelty to apathy, and even when she was cruel it was to specific people rather than anyone (like Mara)

Thanks for the double pages!

148CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 6 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:51 am

sticarus

Wow, that answers 95% of my questions. I always assumed Sadako knew exactly who the Mara really was.

Also, I showed this to my friend, and got in trouble, so I feel like I should hide it, in case other people don't want to see it.

Regarding Don becoming the king, which I never considered before...

Spoiler:

149CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 6 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:59 am

Kitt

Kitt

sticarus wrote:Wow, that answers 95% of my questions. I always assumed Sadako knew exactly who the Mara really was.

Also, I showed this to my friend, and got in trouble, so I feel like I should hide it, in case other people don't want to see it.

Regarding Don becoming the king, which I never considered before...

Spoiler:

You know, I'm 99.99% confident you're right about that. It just makes too much sense.
Spoiler:

Mreow.

150CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 6 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:03 am

Michael

So how young is Fiona at this point?

I've been harbouring a suspicion that her mother was pushed to suicide from the dreamworld...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum