YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

This one page has been bugging me.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1This one page has been bugging me. Empty This one page has been bugging me. Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:06 pm

Dinru

Dinru

This one right here.

What's up with it?

2This one page has been bugging me. Empty Re: This one page has been bugging me. Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:40 pm

freakingdork

freakingdork

"It's meant to be weird and incomprehensible." -word of God, who is currently working on pages.

3This one page has been bugging me. Empty Re: This one page has been bugging me. Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:47 pm

SuzanneM

This post is spoiler tastic if you haven't finished the series. Highlight to see please.
I thought it was symbolism. The mokey is clearly Lia. The real qestion is is the hippo James (which I thought at the time) or Sadako...Alternatively the Monkey is Fi's "realworld" (dream world number one) and the hippo is reality aka the fact she is in a common and what DreamWorld/Nod really is.

EDIT:Anyone else notice that Don has a picture of the monkey on this page:here

Last edited by SuzanneM on Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More ideas, but why double post)

4This one page has been bugging me. Empty Re: This one page has been bugging me. Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:23 pm

freakingdork

freakingdork

SuzanneM wrote:I thought it was symbolism.

Nope. It has absolutely nothing to do the comic, just as Stick Figure Theater and Lewis The Magical Wonder Kitten have nothing to do with the comic. They are just some random brainings by Meg.

I know, I know. With all the foreshadowing of Part 1 that originally went unnoticed by most readers, there is a tendency to think "symbolism!" or "foreshadowing!" whenever something seems weird (or even when it doesn't, heh). But I've talked with Megan about the page a couple times and it isn't symbolism.

Last edited by freakingdork on Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bad coding)

5This one page has been bugging me. Empty Re: This one page has been bugging me. Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:13 pm

carl-E

carl-E

Gee, I remember reading that page and thinking, "Well, the monkey is clearly James, aping it up when he's around Fi (a little non-PC? maybe...) And the hippo from the sky? Well, that's just plain ol' wish fulfillment..."

6This one page has been bugging me. Empty Re: This one page has been bugging me. Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:05 am

Adenil

It's especially great if you read this whole topic and then go look at the comic page. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum