YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thoughts on Page 708

+5
Arran
Megan Rose
Dinru
Xshu
dracoangelica
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Thoughts on Page 708 Empty Thoughts on Page 708 Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:34 am

dracoangelica

Oh Lia...lia...lia...lia.

She scares me and yet I pity her at the same time and am now even angrier at Sadako. Just...yeah. It makes me wonder if Sadako realized what the effects of no conscience would be on a person...you know?

And if she did know, then she just let Lia go so that she could have leverage over her later. Some queen.

2Thoughts on Page 708 Empty Re: Thoughts on Page 708 Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:46 am

Xshu

Holy shit!

Wow. So. Here I thought Lia being with a man was going to be the surprise twist of the chapter. Turns out she was also a serial murderer. That...uhh...that'll top the whole man thing alright.

....Holy shit!

3Thoughts on Page 708 Empty Re: Thoughts on Page 708 Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:20 pm

Dinru

Dinru

I saw the first panel, and thought "Oh god, Lia has a knife and no conscience, this can't be good." And then I saw the second panel and I yelled "OH GOD DAMMIT". And yet, there was a part of me that saw this coming yesterday...

4Thoughts on Page 708 Empty Re: Thoughts on Page 708 Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:31 pm

Megan Rose

Megan Rose
Admin

Dinru wrote:And yet, there was a part of me that saw this coming yesterday...

Glad somebody did! XD

http://rosalarian.com

5Thoughts on Page 708 Empty Re: Thoughts on Page 708 Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:43 pm

Arran

So would this be a result of Lia not having her conscience to ground her? And following that, if the gang hadn't gone and sprung Mary from jail, is this what Fiona was starting to slip towards?

Also, what is that left side of the second panel, a dragon with a Lia head? creepy Smile

Love the comic!

6Thoughts on Page 708 Empty Re: Thoughts on Page 708 Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:33 am

Branchlaw

Arran wrote:Also, what is that left side of the second panel, a dragon with a Lia head? creepy Smile
I believe that is a Lia with a dragon body actually Razz

Also, Mara-Lia would make a much more awesome persona than this one: Mara (NSFW)
Spoiler:

7Thoughts on Page 708 Empty Re: Thoughts on Page 708 Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:33 pm

lasteffect

Interesting... I'm not going to stop reading after this.

I've dealt with stranger twists... like CAD becoming more like Dawson's Creek, oppose to it use to being nothing but an ongoing game gag.

Not saying I have the same feelings for Yu+Me. I get it. I can fully understand Lia in why she lost her mind. Her guardian angel was nowhere to be her voice of reason.

Though, I feel bad for Fi, because she seems okay with the idea of being a murderer over being bisexual. Maybe it's because she still doesn't have her angel with her. I know she sorta has, but correct me if I'm wrong... the old one was fired and we have yet to me the new one.

8Thoughts on Page 708 Empty Re: Thoughts on Page 708 Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:20 pm

Mask

Mask

I'm not sure I like this whole Lia was a murderer deal, it feels a bit contrived and I don't see how it's going to tie into the plot if you're only spending one page on it and Fi's doesn't seem to care anyway.

Not to mention I don't think no conscience automatically equates to murder. Yeah she was angry at Sadako for tricking her and making her give up her life and without a conscience I'm sure she'd have no problem taking it out on other people, perhaps always being paranoid and lashing out, but to actively go around murdering people... I have trouble swallowing.

It goes against what we learned about her when she was with George/Fi.

But who knows... maybe it will all tie in later?

9Thoughts on Page 708 Empty Re: Thoughts on Page 708 Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:41 am

Foof

Foof

I think this whole turn of events was very interesting. We got to see what happens to people if they are separated from their conscience. Lia was horribly hurt by someone she trusted and without her conscience those dark thoughts that lurk within us crept out and she let them take over. She let herself go entirely.

http://www.onyourfeet.smackjeeves.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum