YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

What happened to No Face Guy? (speculation)

+2
freakingdork
Dinru
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Dinru

Dinru

Okay, remember in issue 2 of part 2 there was No-Face guy with all of the awesome teeth? Well, other than establishing Mary's place in the dream world so that she could go to jail and set off the current issue, and showing us the origin of Mr. Bun, the whole thing seems kind of like a Big Lipped Alligator Moment. But in this story, I doubt such a thing would really happen. So... any thoughts on what he really is? 'Cause I've got nothing this time.

freakingdork

freakingdork

Dinru wrote:....other than establishing Mary's place in the dream world so that she could go to jail and set off the current issue, and showing us the origin of Mr. Bun...

Huh? I'm confused at why it has to be MORE than these things to not be a BLAM.

TJ

TJ

Also remember that Mary's story hasn't progressed up to the No Face Man yet, and she may have another take on it entirely. It's not a BLAM unless it clearly has no place in their reality and is never mentioned again, and we haven't yet passed the point of no return, so to speak.

Dinru

Dinru

I didn't say it was a BLAM, I just menioned that it was a bit like a BLAM, since No-Face guy showed no signs to being mentioned again (at least, to me, the most oblivious person ever in the history of forever). But anyway, this is a bit of a speculation thread, sorry for the confusion and such and idiocy ^^;

5What happened to No Face Guy? (speculation) Empty No-face Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:42 am

carl-E

carl-E

He reminded me of a character from one of my favorite books when I was a kid, the Phantom Tollbooth. Anyone else read that one?

There was a no-faced guy in a pinstriped suit with a derby called the Terrible Trivium. He somehow, in his soothing, rational voice, convinced you to do something that seemed terribly important, like moving a lake with an eyedropper, or filling a crater with teaspoonfuls of sand, keeping you busy until it was too late...

Of course, this no-face is lot more nasty/scary/creepy! But they look like they could be brothers. The boring older brother and the outre younger brother, who has to top his sibling at every turn. And has a thing for organ meats...

Mrs. Abject

carl-E wrote:He reminded me of a character from one of my favorite books when I was a kid, the Phantom Tollbooth. Anyone else read that one?

There was a no-faced guy in a pinstriped suit with a derby called the Terrible Trivium. He somehow, in his soothing, rational voice, convinced you to do something that seemed terribly important, like moving a lake with an eyedropper, or filling a crater with teaspoonfuls of sand, keeping you busy until it was too late...

Of course, this no-face is lot more nasty/scary/creepy! But they look like they could be brothers. The boring older brother and the outre younger brother, who has to top his sibling at every turn. And has a thing for organ meats...

I remember that book! The Trivium scared me, too. What a good author, to make procrastination look like a frightening thing.

Not that it's made me any better at getting my work done on time.

Mask

Mask

I found No Face!

What happened to No Face Guy? (speculation) Signsprotection00201thu

He's a sign on a stock image site.

It was too similar not to share.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]