YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

idol does not = queen

+12
Somnimiles
Foof
Mikkhail
Crazy Aido
Kugai
cow bell man
Enigma
Everest
Kyon
RainbowSprinkles
Megan Rose
Sara
16 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1idol does not = queen Empty idol does not = queen Wed May 27, 2009 11:37 am

Sara

Sara

dude, the idol boy replacing freddy mercury?
makes me want to vomit. it makes me so mad that those idols are all over the place. theyre not very good and it gets me so bad when i cant turn on the radio without hearing the horrors of their voices.
i really dont understand how that show is still going and i really dont understand how queen even got the notion to put this guy in. pukaroma

http://tiny-ruffian.deviantart.com/

2idol does not = queen Empty Re: idol does not = queen Wed May 27, 2009 12:17 pm

Megan Rose

Megan Rose
Admin

scratch Yeah, I can't figure out what possessed the remaining Queen members to consider this guy.

I don't watch a lot of Idol, but I do work at Fox, so it's on everywhere in the office, so I hear it whether I like it or not. Every time Lambert was on, I felt uncomfortable and embarrassed for him. In a "If I sang that bad, I would not go up on stage," way.

Ugh.

http://rosalarian.com

3idol does not = queen Empty Re: idol does not = queen Wed May 27, 2009 7:46 pm

RainbowSprinkles

RainbowSprinkles

Yeah I hate his voice... Freddy Mercury is rolling in his grave I would say.

4idol does not = queen Empty Re: idol does not = queen Wed May 27, 2009 8:27 pm

Kyon

Kyon

As a big Queen fan, I must unremember this sin before I pass out. If there's a God or any kind of justice under the sky... Rolling Eyes

http://www.megatokyo.fr

5idol does not = queen Empty Re: idol does not = queen Thu May 28, 2009 7:12 am

Everest

This is the first I've heard of this. I don't have anything against the idol contestant personally, but this is...so wrong.

6idol does not = queen Empty Re: idol does not = queen Thu May 28, 2009 11:12 am

Sara

Sara

RainbowSprinkles wrote:Yeah I hate his voice... Freddy Mercury is rolling in his grave I would say.
forget rolling, hes bangin on the top while screaming obscenities

7idol does not = queen Empty Re: idol does not = queen Thu May 28, 2009 7:55 pm

RainbowSprinkles

RainbowSprinkles

"NOOOOOOO!!!!! LET ME OUT! LET ME OUT!!!!!" or mayhaps "I want to break free!" is what he's screaming. Poor Freddy.

8idol does not = queen Empty Re: idol does not = queen Fri May 29, 2009 12:42 am

Sara

Sara

i had a friend today say that whats his name is a good singer and might be good for them
theres a good moment to suck your own lip

9idol does not = queen Empty Re: idol does not = queen Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:00 pm

Enigma

Enigma

You can never replace Freddie Mercury. Queen will never be the same band without him and these attempts at restarting the band with this new guy... Well, it just shows how much the band relied on Freddie, both as a singer and composer.

What a great time for my Itunes to shuffle to Bohemian Rhapsody. : )

10idol does not = queen Empty Re: idol does not = queen Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:23 pm

cow bell man

cow bell man

Maybe it's a step to the end times. Say it isn't so. >_<

11idol does not = queen Empty Re: idol does not = queen Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:27 am

Kugai

Kugai

I really think someone should tie Brian May to a chair for a while and have a good long chat about how he is murdering Freddy's legacy.

A good smack around the head would be in order too I think

http://kugaiavows.multiply.com/

12idol does not = queen Empty Re: idol does not = queen Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:49 am

Crazy Aido

RainbowSprinkles wrote:"NOOOOOOO!!!!! LET ME OUT! LET ME OUT!!!!!" or mayhaps "I want to break free!" is what he's screaming. Poor Freddy.

Ahahahaha!

Quite the hilarious.

On another note, with my head stuck up my ass the way it is, I was unaware of this ocurrance.

Sacralige!

http://steinstreet.wikidot.com

13idol does not = queen Empty Re: idol does not = queen Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:16 am

Mikkhail

Mikkhail

..............I don't mean to resurrect an old topic and be a trouble making
n00b, but claiming Adam Lambert is a bad singer confuses me deeply. Even if you hated
him or Idol, I don't understand calling him a bad singer. So deeply confused am I,
that I had to comment. o_o I mean, it'd be one thing if you didn't like that he was over the top, or his tendency towards the high range voice, but you all seem
to be Freddie Mercury fans. What is it about his singing you think is bad? From
a technical standpoint, it's perfectly good.

14idol does not = queen Empty Re: idol does not = queen Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:38 am

Megan Rose

Megan Rose
Admin

Every time I have ever heard him, he's been flat. Every. Single. Time.

I think he's an amazing entertainer, and puts on a good stage show (I love the over-the-topness), but when it comes to the actual singing part... he's not... horrible, but when you're singing Queen songs like he did, you're opening yourself up to comparisons with Freddie Mercury, and very few people can live up to that. (Even great singers tend to fall short of that operatic, resounding vocal ability Mercury had.) Lambert's singing abilities are mediocre at best.

http://rosalarian.com

15idol does not = queen Empty Re: idol does not = queen Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:11 am

Mikkhail

Mikkhail

I don't take issue with saying Freddie is better, Freddie was one of the best singers and front-men of all time, but, saying Adam is mediocre makes me wonder what kind of
standards you have for singers.

What other singers would you put up there with Freddie? Or would you say are above mediocre, and are good, or great? I'm not going to argue taste, I'm just curious now. Very interested. Unless I can find music you like in a profile or your LJ somewhere, I'd just like to see what you like besides Queen. *pause* Oh, you like Muse, right? (Good band)

16idol does not = queen Empty Re: idol does not = queen Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:42 am

Foof

Foof

You can't replace Freddie. Just like you can't replace mashed potatoes with cardboard, it just isn't done. pale

http://www.onyourfeet.smackjeeves.com

17idol does not = queen Empty Re: idol does not = queen Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:57 am

Somnimiles

Somnimiles

I don't watch American Idol, because I love music and I hate the crimes against it that those people commit on that freaking show every season. I loathe reality TV in general, actually.

I like Queen, though. I'm not a rabid fan but I can't think of a Queen song I ever heard that I didn't like, and imagining Queen being despoiled by Idol makes me queasy.

18idol does not = queen Empty Re: idol does not = queen Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:24 pm

Kugai

Kugai

Indeed. Shows like American Idol, Survivor, Big Brother etc are just indicitive of the dumbing down of Television - and don't get me started on Infomertials! Suspect Rolling Eyes

http://kugaiavows.multiply.com/

19idol does not = queen Empty Re: idol does not = queen Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:56 am

darkrose072687

darkrose072687

Yea I hate reality t.v. shows in general....they are half the reason why NBC killed off the new Knight Rider(which I loved....sure at first it wasn't that good but it was getting better if they had just given it time I really think it could have picked itself up seriously) Reality T.V. is so horrible and I don't understand why anyone watches it....the only shows I have ever remotely liked that are "reality" are Wife Swap and Solitary 4.0 other than that the rest can go jump off a bridge....I hate American Idol though for sure....seriously I could care less....I know there are people out there that like it but I am not one of them

I'm not saying that Idol doesn't have a few really good singers....but generally they are kicked off first because of popularity issues....that is half the reason I stopped watching it when it first came out....but oh well...

</rant>

Anyways, o.O no one could ever take Freddie's Place....and I still didn't know about this even though it was ages old...

What other singers would I put up there with Freddie?

Um, David Bowie for one....no one beats Bowie he is like the most Awesome ever in the history of music....Elvis is another....Jonathan Davis has some real god given talent as well...there are several singers and musicians I would put above the Idol lot....but those three are in the Freddie Category in my book....*shrug* I am sure there are others but I don't really know much about music considering I love it so much >.< its called growing up not even really knowing that radio existed....I grew up listening to 50s music and Elvis and didn't even really know who Queen was until I was in my late teens....Sad life sucks like that see....

http://www.myspace.com/angeltaylor87

20idol does not = queen Empty Re: idol does not = queen Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:14 pm

Kitt

Kitt

darkrose072687 wrote:Yea I hate reality t.v. shows in general....they are half the reason why NBC killed off the new Knight Rider(which I loved....sure at first it wasn't that good but it was getting better if they had just given it time I really think it could have picked itself up seriously) Reality T.V. is so horrible and I don't understand why anyone watches it....the only shows I have ever remotely liked that are "reality" are Wife Swap and Solitary 4.0 other than that the rest can go jump off a bridge....I hate American Idol though for sure....seriously I could care less....I know there are people out there that like it but I am not one of them

I'm not saying that Idol doesn't have a few really good singers....but generally they are kicked off first because of popularity issues....that is half the reason I stopped watching it when it first came out....but oh well...

</rant>

Anyways, o.O no one could ever take Freddie's Place....and I still didn't know about this even though it was ages old...

Um, David Bowie for one....no one beats Bowie he is like the most Awesome ever in the history of music....Elvis is another....Jonathan Davis has some real god given talent as well...there are several singers and musicians I would put above the Idol lot....but those three are in the Freddie Category in my book....*shrug* I am sure there are others but I don't really know much about music considering I love it so much >.< its called growing up not even really knowing that radio existed....I grew up listening to 50s music and Elvis and didn't even really know who Queen was until I was in my late teens....Sad life sucks like that see....

It's couldn't care less. If you could care less, than that means we don't really know how much you care (you might care a lot!). Where as if you couldn't care less, we know you care as little as you possibly could! Sorry, it's a grammar pet peeve of mine >.<

And yes: Bowie = <3 <3 <3

Mew.

21idol does not = queen Empty Re: idol does not = queen Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:56 am

darkrose072687

darkrose072687

Kitt wrote:
darkrose072687 wrote:Yea I hate reality t.v. shows in general....they are half the reason why NBC killed off the new Knight Rider(which I loved....sure at first it wasn't that good but it was getting better if they had just given it time I really think it could have picked itself up seriously) Reality T.V. is so horrible and I don't understand why anyone watches it....the only shows I have ever remotely liked that are "reality" are Wife Swap and Solitary 4.0 other than that the rest can go jump off a bridge....I hate American Idol though for sure....seriously I could care less....I know there are people out there that like it but I am not one of them

</rant>

It's couldn't care less. If you could care less, than that means we don't really know how much you care (you might care a lot!). Where as if you couldn't care less, we know you care as little as you possibly could! Sorry, it's a grammar pet peeve of mine >.<

And yes: Bowie = <3 <3 <3

Mew.

lol my bad....and Under Pressure = Bowie + Freddie = pure luff Very Happy

http://www.myspace.com/angeltaylor87

22idol does not = queen Empty Re: idol does not = queen Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:03 am

Futch

Futch

lol my bad....and Under Pressure = Bowie + Freddie = pure luff Very Happy

Shocked

Totally listening to that song right now.

http://futchofficial.blogspot.com

23idol does not = queen Empty Re: idol does not = queen Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:01 am

greengirl77

nope not possible. Freddie was one voice that can not be replaced, especially not by someone who really needs voice lessons.

and Kitt, I am not sure if you just have not read this previously but Megan didn't want people to slop up the comments with grammar corrections. Incidentally, the original comment "I could care less" is correct. Saying "I couldn't care less" is a double negative which is improper grammar. She really could care less. It means she cares little for this, just to clarify Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum